Abort Error when using a Helical Stepper

I am trying to simulate many low energy (~< 1 MeV) electrons in a planetary atmosphere and ~10 G magnetic field. When I use the typical DormandPrince745 stepper my program compiles and runs without issue. Unfortunately, the thousands of steps it takes to complete a single event takes prohibitively long to compute.

Because of this I would like to use one of the Helical steppers provided by GEANT. I first tried to implement the HelixMixedStepper (simply replacing the DP745 stepper with this new one) but, at runtime, my program aborts without warning. The abort occurs during the 1st step of the 1st event in my run.

*********************************************************************************************************
* G4Track Information:   Particle = e-,   Track ID = 1,   Parent ID = 0
*********************************************************************************************************

Step#    X(mm)    Y(mm)    Z(mm) KinE(MeV)  dE(MeV) StepLeng TrackLeng  NextVolume ProcName
    0        0        0 1.51e+11    0.0079        0        0         0 Atmoshpere_Physical_79 initStep
zsh: abort      ./Jup ../macro/test.g4mac

I have the same error for all of the helical steppers.