Absorption works wrong in wls?

Hello all!

I noticed that in wls fibers works in not rigth way. I set the absorption length for fiber cladding to 10*cm. As you could see on image in some place photon changes its direction instead of been absorped and killed. Why is it happed?

And another question: absorption length calculates as 1/e. But it looks like that this length is lenght of fiber itself instead of photon path. Is it possible? Or is it not calcutated as 1/e? Thak you very much for any help.

UPDATE:
And why do all photons leave out the fibers instead of been killed? And as you could see on the image below photons don’t leave the fiber with such angles, but they should leave because the max opening angle for such material is about 20 deg. (material core - POLYSTYRENE, cladding - PMMA).

As you could see on image in some place photon changes its direction instead of been absorped and killed. Why is it happed?

In the wls process, the primary optical photon is killed, and usually an optical photon with lower energy and random direction is created as a secondary.

And another question: absorption length calculates as 1/e. But it looks like that this length is lenght of fiber itself instead of photon path. Is it possible? Or is it not calcutated as 1/e? Thak you very much for any help.

Absorption length is 1/e for the photon path.

And why do all photons leave out the fibers instead of been killed? And as you could see on the image below photons don’t leave the fiber with such angles, but they should leave because the max opening angle for such material is about 20 deg. (material core - POLYSTYRENE, cladding - PMMA).

It’s hard to tell what is going on from the picture. Why would the photons be killed?

Hi! Thank you for answer. I solved the problem. That was just misunderstanding in optical tables. Now it works fine.