Activation of Synchrotron Radiation process

Hello,
I am encountering strange problem after I created new release for Synchtrotron Radiation (SR) simulation using Geant4-10.1.2.
Is the UI command to activate SR still the same :
‘/physics_engine/tailor/SyncRadiation on’ ?
In my script I use it like this :

sync = 1

if sync :
simulation.param(‘UICommands’,[’/physics_engine/tailor/SyncRadiation on’,’/process/list’])

and I do not see SynRad in the list of processes. Even though I see in the list of simulation parameters that UI command is accepted.
With the former release with Geant4-9.6.2 I had used it the same way and it worked well.
Just to be sure that the command is still the same and maybe I have to look more carefully for
some other reason in my release.

Best regards
Yuri

Hello Yuri,

please, try out

/physics_lists/em/SyncRadiation true

VI

Hello Vladimir,

Thanks for quick answer.
I actually found this command and already tried it out and it disn’t work either.
No SynRad process in process list.

Yuri

Hello,
Coming back to Synchrotron Radiation after some break.

Let me reformulate my question:

I am using EM option 1 (EMV) . Shall I undertake some additional action/setting to activate SynRad or issuing the command :

/physics_lists/em/SyncRadiation true

is enough?
I am using this command without any additional action to activate SynRad and I do not see SynRad in the list of the processes.

Yuri

Hello,

I had a close look into Geant4 10.1p03 and do see this command available. You need to have G4EmExtraPhysics (it is used by default in all reference Physics Lists). The command to activate synchrotron should be before /run/initialise

VI

Hello,
Thank you.
I found it myself that the Available G4_States for old and new commands are different.
I think that is the reason.
Unfortunately I run the simulation not in Standalone Geant4 but in a mainframe. Somehow I didnt get
error messages about “Illegal G4_State”.
Everything is fine with Geant4 and I have to find out a solution myself .
I guess this item can be marked as solved or deleted .

Yuri

Hello Yuri,

OK, for the issue is closed.

VI