Deuterium Stripping

What physics (or considerations) are needed for a stripping process such as Li(d,n) ?

When I simulate this reaction with a 40MeV deuteron beam striking lithium, I get neutrons but I presumed they’d continue in roughly the same direction somewhat forming a cone. It looks to me that the neutrons are emitted isotropically.

Does anyone know anything about stripping reactions regarding G4?

Thank you

I am working on a Simulation of the Deuteron-Stripping reaction in light elements with Geant4 too!
I am more interested in the reaction C(d,n), but it’s very similiar to what you are trying to do.
I use the INCL++ physics lists and they produce that forward peaked neutron distribution you are talking about.
“FTFP_INCLXX_HP” or “QGSP_INCLXX_HP” are complete physics lists with all kinds of interaction
or you try to build your own physics lists. In that case i think “G4IonINCLXXPhysics” is what you are looking for because the deuteron is considered an ion i think.

As stated in the PhysicsReferenceManual10.7 for Geant4 Chapter 28 - The INCL++ is a physics list for spallation reactions and accelerator driven systems.

1 Like

Thanks for for the response! You gave me confidence I’m on the right path.

Hello,

it is also possible to use the Binary cascade. QGSP_BIC and QBBC Physics Lists.

VI

Thank you for the response.

Is the FTFP_INCLXX_HP physics list appropriate for deuterium stripping reactions? I’ve already started work with this list.
Would QGSP_BIC and QBBC Physics Lists be better?
What would you recommend?

Thank you again.