Geant4 problem with libs on installation

After i had installed Geant4 on UBUNTU, i tried to run a program that i used to run on another pc, but, for some reason, it is not running here. The message error lead us to the libraries of the Geant4, so i believe that there was a problem at the stage of instalation.

I already tried to delete and use the commnd make to install the libraries again, but it didn’t work.

Also, as i said, the program runs on others pc, so i am sure that the problem is not the writting/program, but the installation itself/my pc.

See:

/usr/bin/ld: /home/lucas/Downloads/Geant4/geant4.10.06.p03/geant4-install/bin/../lib/libG4geometry.so: undefined reference for "G4VImportanceAlgorithm::G4VImportanceAlgorithm()"/usr/bin/ld: /home/lucas/Downloads/Geant4/geant4.10.06.p03/geant4-install/bin/../lib/libG4analysis.so: undefined reference for "G4ToolsAnalysisManager::MergeImpl(tools::histo::hmpi*)"
/usr/bin/ld: /home/lucas/Downloads/Geant4/geant4.10.06.p03/geant4-install/bin/../lib/libG4analysis.so: undefined reference for "G4ToolsAnalysisManager::G4ToolsAnalysisManager(G4String const&, bool)"
/usr/bin/ld: /home/lucas/Downloads/Geant4/geant4.10.06.p03/geant4-install/bin/../lib/libG4analysis.so: undefined reference for "G4ToolsAnalysisManager::Reset()"
/usr/bin/ld: /home/lucas/Downloads/Geant4/geant4.10.06.p03/geant4-install/bin/../lib/libG4analysis.so: undefined reference for "typeinfo for G4ToolsAnalysisManager"
/usr/bin/ld: /home/lucas/Downloads/Geant4/geant4.10.06.p03/geant4-install/bin/../lib/libG4analysis.so: undefined reference for  "G4RootNtupleManager::GetBasketEntries() const"
/usr/bin/ld: /home/lucas/Downloads/Geant4/geant4.10.06.p03/geant4-install/bin/../lib/libG4analysis.so: undefined reference for "G4RootAnalysisManager::Instance()"
/usr/bin/ld: /home/lucas/Downloads/Geant4/geant4.10.06.p03/geant4-install/bin/../lib/libG4analysis.so: undefined reference for "G4ToolsAnalysisManager::PlotImpl()"
/usr/bin/ld: /home/lucas/Downloads/Geant4/geant4.10.06.p03/geant4-install/bin/../lib/libG4geometry.so: undefined reference for  "typeinfo for G4VImportanceAlgorithm"
/usr/bin/ld: /home/lucas/Downloads/Geant4/geant4.10.06.p03/geant4-install/bin/../lib/libG4geometry.so: undefined reference for "G4VImportanceAlgorithm::~G4VImportanceAlgorithm()"
/usr/bin/ld: /home/lucas/Downloads/Geant4/geant4.10.06.p03/geant4-install/bin/../lib/libG4analysis.so: undefined reference for "G4ToolsAnalysisManager::~G4ToolsAnalysisManager()"
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

What can i do?

1 Like

Have you recompiled both Geant4 and the application on this new PC? Are the versions of Geant4 consistent between both machines?

Also, which version of Ubuntu is this on?

I have re installed Geant4 already with two diferents versions, thinking that maybe this could be the problem. But the error continues the same, involving the “.so” archives.

My ubuntu is Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS.

I found the error my friend. There was another geant4 hidden on my pc, i excluded it and excluded my build files. Now i reinstalled it, and it works :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.