GetProcessName()

Dear all,

I’m trying to select Isotope Decays in my simulation.

As far as I’ve understood

G4String LimitingProcess = step -> GetPostStepPoint() -> GetProcessDefinedStep() -> GetProcessName();

gives me the process that limited the step, whereas

G4String CreatorProcess = step -> GetTrack() -> GetCreatorProcess() -> GetProcessName();

gives me which process created the track.

Looking at gamma particles whose creator process is a decay, I find that the LimitingProcess of the parent is a different one.

Is there a way to know which processes where applied without iterating on the secondaries and looking at their creator process?

Best regards,

Andrea

No, there’s no good way to identify all of the processes that were applied during or at the end of a step.

Hello, I have a question, my source geometry is a spiral structure, so I can’t simulate a drug filled source geometry by defining the gps as a cylinder and placing it in the source geometry as in the Brachytherapy example. at the same time I use parallel geometry to place this source geometry in the model created by the DICOM example. In my previous experiments, I used mass geometry to define the source geometry and successfully confine the gps to the source geometry with the macro /gps/pos/confine, but this method does not work in parallel geometry. Please tell me if I am doing something wrong or if G4 does not support this.
Thanks for your answer!

Please post this as a separate topic, rather than adding to unrelated topics.