Particles' step counting as last step in the volume without leaving the volume

Hi all,

I want to count the primary particles that succeed in passing through my sensitive detector, but I get a number greater than the number of initial particles !

As you will see in this tracking output ;

*********************************************************************************************************
* G4Track Information:   Particle = e-,   Track ID = 1,   Parent ID = 0
*********************************************************************************************************

Step#    X(mm)    Y(mm)    Z(mm) KinE(MeV)  dE(MeV) StepLeng TrackLeng  NextVolume ProcName
    0        0        0     -950        10        0        0         0       World initStep
    1        0        0     -902        10 1.27e-24       48        48      Target Transportation
    2        0        0     -900      8.89     1.11      2.1      50.1       World Transportation
    3        0        0     -900      8.89        0        0      50.1      Target Transportation
    4    -1.91    0.219     -902      6.95     1.94     3.04      53.1       World Transportation
    5     -162    -17.5   -1e+03      6.95 4.81e-24      189       242  OutOfWorld Transportation

the 2nd step says that the next volume is the WorldVolume while this primary particle will change direction in step 3, and will propagate the whole step 4 in my sensitive detector before leaving it in step 5.
So it counts twice.

What can I do to eliminate these steps? (I used the IsLastStepInVolume() condition but I get the same result, as the next volume information remains the same.)

Is there a better way to count particles at a volume boundary ?

Thank you !
Younes

I managed to get out of this issue by imposing a condition on the position of the Track. But I am not sure if this is the best solution…

Younes