Physics List question

Hello.
I am using a modular physics list, quite basic.
For the electromagnetic I call the Livermore Physics

emPhysicsList = new G4EmLivermorePhysics(0);

In ConstructProcess I have

void PhysicsList::ConstructProcess()
{
// transportation
AddTransportation();

// electromagnetic physics list
emPhysicsList->ConstructProcess();
em_config.AddModels();

// Em options
G4EmProcessOptions emOptions;
emOptions.SetBuildCSDARange(true);
emOptions.SetDEDXBinningForCSDARange(10*10);
emOptions.SetFluo(true);
emOptions.SetAuger(true);
emOptions.SetPIXE(true);
decPhysicsList->ConstructProcess();
}
}

I need to score electron down to the lowest possible energy. So, I added in the PhysicsList
G4ProductionCutsTable::GetProductionCutsTable()->SetEnergyRange(250eV, 1GeV);

I gave a look at the example extended/electromagnetic/TestEm13/ and its PhysListEmLivermore.cc
By using a simple modular physics list am I activating everything inside the PhysListEmLivermore.cc of example extended/electromagnetic/TestEm13/, pls?
In particular, will the G4LivermoreIonisationModel included, please?

Thanks,
kind regards,
Francesca

Dear Francesca, referring to Test13, you are activating all the processes listed in PhysListEmLivermore.cc, including the Livermore ionisation model.

A note. if you use the Livermore approach, you can push down the cut and low energy limit to 10 eV. For example, look at our paper: "Investigation of track structure and condensed history physics models " by Peter Lazarakis, Sebastien Incerti et al.

Cheers

Hello.
Thanks for your reply. But does it mean that when instead I use a simple modular Physics list in the form:
emPhysicsList = new G4EmLivermorePhysics(0);

I am not activating everything? What am I activating in this case, please?

Thanks,
kind regards,
Francesca

Referring to TestEm13, you activate the processes of a defined EM constructor here:

void PhysicsList::ConstructProcess()
{
// Transportation
//
AddTransportation();

// Electromagnetic physics list
//
fEmPhysicsList->ConstructProcess();

}

You also need to declare particles and eventually cuts (if you want to implement different cut w.r.t. the default one).

Hello,

our current recommendation: try to use UI commands to configure parameters of EM physics. EM examples show how to do that. The control on how options are defined is seen in the log file at initialisation.

VI