Problem building geant4

I just downloaded the latest geant4 (4.10.07) and have an error when I use the cmake command.

> cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/home/dcs16/dcs16/geant4/geant4-build  ../geant4.10.07
CMake Error at /nfs/acc/libs/Linux_x86_64_intel/extra/cmake-3.18.4_17nov20/share/cmake-3.18/Modules/CMakeCXXInformation.cmake:89 (include):
  include could not find load file:

/home/dcs16/dcs16/geant4/geant4.10.07/cmake/Modules/G4MakeRules_cxx.cmake
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:33 (project)

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:51 (include):
  include could not find load file:

G4CMakeMain

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!

I am using cmake version 3.18.4.
Attached is the log file.
Any help would be appreciated.

CMakeOutput.log.txt (68.7 KB)

Could you quickly double check that the file /home/dcs16/dcs16/geant4/geant4.10.07/cmake/Modules/G4MakeRules_cxx.cmake really does exist, that it is readable by your account, and that the /home/dcs16/dcs16/geant4/geant4.10.07/ directory contains to contents listed here:

please? Sorry if those seem trivial/obvious, but it’s an odd error.

Could you also see if the environment contains any CMAKE_... variables?

There is no G4MakeRules_cxx.cmake any place in the geant4.10.07 tree.

O.k., so what is in the /home/dcs16/dcs16/geant4/geant4.10.07 tree? For now, only the direct files/directories are important, but we need to know what’s there at least.

I did another untar of the geant4 download and now the file exists! Very strange. I did not make any modifications to the tree so I have no idea how this could happen. Since it looks like something on my side I think this case can be closed. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

I am facing the same original problem. I am a novice user and might not understand everything easily. So sorry for any inconvenience. I have tried rebuilding which is given as the solution but the problem continues. Any kind of help is highly appreciated.

Could you post the error messages you’re seeing please? The only thing that occurs to me looking again at the original post is something to do with remote filesystems (and the paths shown in the error message might help here).