QGSP_BIC_AllHP strange behavior

Hello all!

I test a geometry: 1860keV protons hit a Lithium target… When I use QGSP_BIC_AllHP physics I observe the intense 2009keV gamma line… but this proton energy is below the neutron production threshold when we should observe prompt gamma rays with an energy of 2032keV. With QGSP_BIC_HP this gamma line is absent.

What can be wrong??

hello Slava,

QGSP_BIC_AllHP is an expeimental Physics List, which require work to applicable for all cases. QGSP_BIC and QGSP_BIC_HP exist for long time and they are validated much more. I would suggest, that you fill bug report for QGSP_BIC_AllHP in the Bugzilla bug report page.

VI

setenv G4PHP_DO_NOT_ADJUST_FINAL_STATE 1

Hello @civanch and @Vyacheslav_Porosev , I’ve found the inverse problem.

In example Hadr06 with for an Li(p,n)Be reaction at 2-5 MeV, from three of the listed physics lists that may be turned on:
// Hadron Inelastic Physics
// RegisterPhysics( new G4HadronPhysicsFTFP_BERT_HP(verb));
// RegisterPhysics( new G4HadronPhysicsQGSP_BIC_HP(verb));
// RegisterPhysics( new G4HadronPhysicsQGSP_BIC_AllHP(verb));

Only G4HadronPhysicsQGSP_BIC_AllHP is creating the assumed correct number of neutrons per known data, where BERT_HP and BIC_HP (default) do not produce near the correct number of events. This may have been intended by the developers since this forum thread was created, but I wanted to point out that the first two listed above are not working.

Best