QT not working for me

I am trying to remote (ssh) into a computer controlled by my university. There they have installed GEANT4 for me an can run it with the QT interface. But when I connect, I don’t get the interactive QT interface, just the basic jpeg like openGL window. I can’t for the life of me figure out how it works for them but not me. I have tried changing which native computer I am using to access the remote thinking it may be an OS thing but this had no effect on my end. One was scientific linux, the other windows 10 using mobaxterm.
see vis.mac output bellow

Use this open statement to create an OpenGL view:

/vis/open OGL 600x600-0+0
/vis/sceneHandler/create OGL
WARNING: G4VisCommandSceneHandlerCreate::SetNewValue:
Using fallback graphics system: OpenGLStoredX (OGLSX)
/vis/viewer/create ! ! 600x600-0+0
/vis/viewer/refresh

any help would be huge as I have been banging my head against a wall for months now trying to get a working version of geant4 that I can access.

Well, as it says, your app on the remote machine is using the fallback graphics system, OGLSX. It does this when you start up with any G4 session other than Qt. Unless you specify otherwise, the app will start up with the most high functional session available, in your case, it should be Qt.

So…what are you doing that makes the app use the fallback graphics system? There are several ways you can choose a session - see Getting Started with Geant4 - Running a Simple Example How to Set Up an Interactive Session.

In the user terminal that you have opened on the remote machine, and in you user space on he remote machine:

1. Make sure you have no G4UI_USE environment variables set.
  2. Make sure you have not asked for another session in ~/.g4session
  3. Don’t ask for another session with command line arguments

Having said all that, if you succeed in starting up with the Qt interface, you will find the performance is terrible over an internet (ssh) link, and you might be better off with the fallback system!