Too large geometries in Geant4 (segmentation error)

Hello,

I’ve been trying to setup a cosmic ray simulation. Thus my geometries are very large about 30km in distance from the plane where particles are generated to the ground where my detector is. But I can’t get Geant4 to compile any larger geometries than a world box of 405x405x403.5 m^3. Everytime i try to, I get the errors/exceptions below.

Is there a way to enable larger geometries maybe an include or something else ? Or am I forced to shrink the world size to fit this world size limitation ?

-------- WWWW ------- G4Exception-START -------- WWWW -------
*** G4Exception : GeomSolids2002
issued by : G4DisplacedSolid::CreatePolyhedron()
No G4Polyhedron for displaced solid
*** This is just a warning message. ***
-------- WWWW -------- G4Exception-END --------- WWWW -------

-------- WWWW ------- G4Exception-START -------- WWWW -------
*** G4Exception : GeomSolids2001
issued by : G4BooleanSolid::StackPolyhedron()
Solid - logo4 - No G4Polyhedron for Boolean component
*** This is just a warning message. ***
-------- WWWW -------- G4Exception-END --------- WWWW -------

Erreur de segmentation (core dumped)

I remain at your disposal if more informations are needed and the detector construction file can be found attached to this post.

Sincerely,
Nisscher

DetectorConstruction file:
GCR1DetectorConstruction.cc (11.9 KB)

The errors you show have nothing to do with the geometry size and the code you posted (affected by a clear overlap) doesn’t seem to be related…

-------- EEEE ------- G4Exception-START -------- EEEE -------
*** G4Exception : GeomMgt0002
      issued by : G4SmartVoxelHeader::BuildNodes()
PANIC! - Overlapping daughter with mother volume.
         Daughter physical volume Shape0
         is entirely outside mother logical volume Envelope !!
*** Fatal Exception *** core dump ***
 **** Track information is not available at this moment
 **** Step information is not available at this moment

-------- EEEE -------- G4Exception-END --------- EEEE -------

The maximum distance for geometrical intersection defined in Geant4 is of the order of 9.0E99 mm… so you should not have issues in the size of the geometry you are defining, provided you take care to properly tune the geometrical tolerance to the extent of your world (see Documentation).

The errors you report likely come from a “cut&paste” vis.mac macro (derived from exampleB1?) which tries to apply a logo (no longer valid in your modified geometry) in the scene…

Thanks a lot for the input it was in fact the overlap with the logo that was causing theses errors.