Two parameterisations in the same space

Hi I have made two parameterisations that I need to put side by side sequentially. It is like stacking squares and circles on top of one another sequentially, with a parameterised radius/length for each shape. I have made these (squares and circles) into G4Multifunctional Detectors. The issue is when doing scoring I cannot get information from either of them. I have made their separate mother volumes overlap. The sequence of shapes also do not overlap even though their mother volumes occupy the same space. When I try to give them the same mother volume an error of type:

Checking overlaps for volume Inner_wall_section:0 (G4Tubs) ... 
-------- WWWW ------- G4Exception-START -------- WWWW -------
*** G4Exception : GeomVol1002
      issued by : G4PVPlacement::CheckOverlaps()
Overlap with mother volume !
          Overlap is detected for volume Inner_wall_section:0 (G4Tubs) with its mother volume Air (G4Box)
          protrusion at mother local point (2.74423,-3.49957,-1003.35) by 3.35 mm  (max of 363 cases)
NOTE: Reached maximum fixed number -1- of overlaps reports for this volume !
*** This is just a warning message. ***
-------- WWWW -------- G4Exception-END --------- WWWW -------

Ignoring overlaps yields:

### CAUGHT SIGNAL: 11 ### address: 0x353432343239323b,  signal =  SIGSEGV, value =   11, description = segmentation violation. Invalid permissions for mapped object.

When I give them separate mother volumes which are identical, it is happy but gives no scored quantities (I am basing my scoring off RE02).
Is there a way to get both these parameterised shapes into the same volume and/or just be able to get quantities scored from both.
My alternative solution which didn’t involve scoring was to parameterise one shape, then manually create logical volumes for the other shape which I parameterised myself in DetectorConstruction.cc. This was messy and I couldn’t get scored values as after many attempts creating Sensitive Volumes and Histograms with csvfiles have never worked on any example I have ever tried in Geant4.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.