X-ray fluorescense

Hi,
I have one problem, I would appreciate your help. I am modeling x-ray generation, code seems to be working fine, it generates bremsstrahlung, but the spectrum misses XRF peaks. For example, if the target is tungsten (W), it should have XRF peaks at 59 keV and 8.4 keV, but the generated spectrum does not have them, see the spectrum attached below. I am using PhysicsList class, I was thinking it should care of all physics in my case, should I add something else to my code? I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you.

x-raySpectrum

2 Likes

Also, I would like to add some more details. When I change the target materials x-ray emission efficiency increases with atomic number (Z) as should be by theory, so bremsstrahlung physics seems to be working perfect., but for some reason, XRF peaks do not show up. I copied below my PhysicsList source file in case you want to see it. Thank you for time in advance!

#include “PhysicsList.hh”
#include <G4EmStandardPhysics.hh>
#include <G4DecayPhysics.hh>
#include <G4ProductionCutsTable.hh>
#include <G4SystemOfUnits.hh>
#include <G4EmLivermorePhysics.hh>
#include <G4EmExtraPhysics.hh>
#include “PhysicsList.hh”

PhysicsList::PhysicsList()
{
RegisterPhysics(new G4EmStandardPhysics());
RegisterPhysics(new G4DecayPhysics());
RegisterPhysics(new G4EmExtraPhysics());
}

void PhysicsList::SetCuts()
{
G4VUserPhysicsList::SetCuts();
G4ProductionCutsTable::GetProductionCutsTable()->SetEnergyRange(100 * eV, 100 * GeV);

DumpCutValuesTable();

}

Run example TestEm14 with attached macro.
You should get attached plot.
fluo.mac.txt (484 Bytes)

Thank you, maire, very much. I will try it and let you know soon. Thank you again.

Dear Geant4Fan
I am facing the same problem, could you share your code with me? I would greatly appreciate your help. Thank you.
Bob