CMake error with Geant 4 11.0.0

Hi, I’ve dowloaded the newly announced version of Geant4 (11.0.0) and tried to installed it. However I got an error at the cmake step
Here are the commands I typed and the error I get

tar -xzvf geant4-v11.0.0.tar.gz
cd geant4-v11.0.0/
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ..
CMake Error at cmake/Modules/G4CPack.cmake:14 (include):
  include could not find requested file:                                                                                                                     

G4GitUtilities                                                                                                                                           
Call Stack (most recent call first):                                                                                                                         
  cmake/Modules/G4CMakeMain.cmake:139 (include)                                                                                                              
  CMakeLists.txt:50 (include)                                                                                                                                

CMake Error at cmake/Modules/G4CPack.cmake:106 (geant4_git_find_dirty):
  Unknown CMake command "geant4_git_find_dirty".                                                                                                             
Call Stack (most recent call first):                                                                                                                         
  cmake/Modules/G4CMakeMain.cmake:139 (include)                                                                                                              
  CMakeLists.txt:50 (include)

I use the lastest version of cmake (3.22.1) and the computer is not connected to the Internet. Do you have any idea how to fix that?

I got that error as well while packaging Geant4 in Gentoo Linux. Just remove the line include(G4CPack) from G4CMakeMain.cmake as a temporary workaround. This will be fixed soon.

1 Like

Many apologies, this was an undiscovered bug in the new CPack based tarball generation mechanism that was deployed for this release.

It’s now been fixed, with tags and release tarballs on the website regenerated. For downloading from the website, it may be necessary to refresh the browser/clear its cache to pick up the fresh tarball.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.