Problems with libGL

Hi,

I have recently installed Geant4.10.06.p1 on Ubuntu18.04. Prior to compiling, I switched the flags for OpenGL and Qt on. The compilation was successful. I used exampleB1 (only modified DetectorConstruction.cc a bit) as a starting point, compiled it and wanted to visualize it via -Y.

Unfortunately, this does not work. I see that the gui is empty and doesn’t display the detector. In terminal I see these two errors:

libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

I do not know how to resolve them. I hope you could help.

Cheers,
Johan

Running Qt over a network is famously problematic and slow. Here are some suggestions:

• Build with OpenGL alone (GEANT4_USE_OPENGL_X11) - but you don’t get any interactivity and have to adjust viewpoint, etc., through /vis/ commands.
  • Build with Qt alone (GEANT4_USE_QT). It uses OpenGL and X11 behind but I have noticed that if you request OpenGL as well, there is some interference.

Hi,

I have recompiled with Qt-alone and it gives me the same error. Now, in terminal, I see

Qt: Session management error: networkIdsList argument is NULL
libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast

Cheers,
Johan

Mmm. That’s a new one for me. You’re using ssh -Y, right? Do you have GLX extensions set locally? Execute xdpyinfo and look for GLX under number of extensions.

Hi,

Yes. ‘ssh -Y’ is set properly (I also tried with -X but that shouldn’t really make much of a difference). I executed xdpyinfo and found GLX in the list.

number of extensions: 23 Apple-DRI Apple-WM BIG-REQUESTS DAMAGE DOUBLE-BUFFER GLX Generic Event Extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER MIT-SHM Present RANDR RENDER SECURITY SGI-GLX SHAPE SYNC X-Resource XC-MISC XFIXES XINERAMA XInputExtension XKEYBOARD XVideo

Hi,

After a lot of tinkering, I managed to partially resolve my issue by installing the Nvidea drivers. In my case I did:

sudo apt install xserver-xorg-video-nvidia-390
sudo apt install nvidia-340

The libGL errors disappeared. However, I see that my visualizer is still empty. It appears to be the issue seen in Qt viewer: scene tree empty

Cheers,
Johan