"segmentation violation" occured

I have a project, it can work properly by using geant410.7, but it can run by using Geant4-11.0.1,but the segment fault occured. "CAUGHT SIGNAL: 11 ### address: 0, signal = SIGSEGV, value = 11, description = segmentation violation. " is mentioned. I don’t the reason. Can you help me? Thank you.

I have solve the problem about “CAUGHT SIGNAL: 11 ### address: 0, signal = SIGSEGV, value = 11, description = segmentation violation.” But the " ################################
!!! G4Backtrace is activated !!!
################################" always occured. Is it normal ? What does it mean? It’s my first time to use geant4-11.0.1, can you help me to solve the question. Thank you.

Tracking down segmentation violations is best done with a debugger, for example gdb on Linux or lldb on macOS.

There are a few threads in the forum covering use of these, for example Using gdb debugger in an efficient way, or otherwise search for “gdb”. The easiest thing to do is simply run the program in gdb/lldb and use the bt command, e.g.

$ gdb myProgram
... starts up
> run
... segfaults
> bt
... will print info on where the error occurred.

Thank you for your reply. I have solved the problem about “segmentation violations”.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.