10.7: geant4-config problem with includedirs

Using the geant4-config to set the compiler flags with the 10.7 I get the following compiler error (while for the previous release it was working):

In file included from /soft/geant/debug/bin/../include/Geant4/G4Profiler.hh:43,
                 from /soft/geant/debug/bin/../include/Geant4/G4Run.hh:33,
                 from run.h:12,
                 from messenger.cc:19:
/soft/geant/debug/bin/../include/Geant4/G4Profiler.icc:44:12: fatal error: PTL/Globals.hh: No such file or directory
   44 | #  include "PTL/Globals.hh"
      |            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

It seems that there is an extra include directory include/PTL not under the include/Geant4 however the geant4-config --cflags returns only
-I include/Geant4

Changing the geant4-config: includedirs variable to the following
includedirs="${prefix}/include/Geant4 ${prefix}/include"
everything works ok.

2 Likes

Indeed, apologies for this - your fix is correct for now and we’ll address this fully in an upcoming patch!

1 Like

I couldn’t understood what you mean by changing the
Changing the geant4-config: includedirs variable to the following
includedirs="${prefix}/include/Geant4 ${prefix}/include"

I am still using GNUmakefile. To avoid this error, the solution is to simply move the PTL directory under include/Geant4.
will you fix it in the next patch?
Thank you!

Fada

Yes, the fix will be in 10.7.1.

As you can see already in the screenshots i have attached that PTL directory is in ‘inculde’ directory and it does contain “Globals.hh” file! I’m not able to resolve this issue. Please help

Hi Saurabh,

Same problem here. If you take a look at the file G4Profiler.icc in line 44 they are trying to include a file that it’s supposed to be in /home/billionatoms/…/Geant4/PTL/
I managed to solve it by copying the folder to …/include/Geant4/.
I know that is a horrible solution doing that, but it worked for me at least, now I am facing some troubles in another part of the installation. Please let me know if it worked for you and if you can continue with the installation.