10.7: geant4-config problem with includedirs

Using the geant4-config to set the compiler flags with the 10.7 I get the following compiler error (while for the previous release it was working):

In file included from /soft/geant/debug/bin/../include/Geant4/G4Profiler.hh:43,
                 from /soft/geant/debug/bin/../include/Geant4/G4Run.hh:33,
                 from run.h:12,
                 from messenger.cc:19:
/soft/geant/debug/bin/../include/Geant4/G4Profiler.icc:44:12: fatal error: PTL/Globals.hh: No such file or directory
   44 | #  include "PTL/Globals.hh"
      |            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

It seems that there is an extra include directory include/PTL not under the include/Geant4 however the geant4-config --cflags returns only
-I include/Geant4

Changing the geant4-config: includedirs variable to the following
includedirs="${prefix}/include/Geant4 ${prefix}/include"
everything works ok.

2 Likes

Indeed, apologies for this - your fix is correct for now and weā€™ll address this fully in an upcoming patch!

1 Like

I couldnā€™t understood what you mean by changing the
Changing the geant4-config: includedirs variable to the following
includedirs="${prefix}/include/Geant4 ${prefix}/include"

I am still using GNUmakefile. To avoid this error, the solution is to simply move the PTL directory under include/Geant4.
will you fix it in the next patch?
Thank you!

Fada

Yes, the fix will be in 10.7.1.

As you can see already in the screenshots i have attached that PTL directory is in ā€˜inculdeā€™ directory and it does contain ā€œGlobals.hhā€ file! Iā€™m not able to resolve this issue. Please help

Hi Saurabh,

Same problem here. If you take a look at the file G4Profiler.icc in line 44 they are trying to include a file that itā€™s supposed to be in /home/billionatoms/ā€¦/Geant4/PTL/
I managed to solve it by copying the folder to ā€¦/include/Geant4/.
I know that is a horrible solution doing that, but it worked for me at least, now I am facing some troubles in another part of the installation. Please let me know if it worked for you and if you can continue with the installation.