About how calculate ambient dose equivalent rate in geant4?

Hello everyone, I would like to calculate the ambient dose equivalent rate from a fast neutron source, what tools do I need in geant4?
And what’s the difference between abrosb and gap?

TY for help.

you can set dummy spheres in your geometry. Whenever a neutron or a gamma ray traverses the sphere, retrieve and store the energy. Then you convolve the energy spectra with H*(10) to calculate the ambient dose equivalent.

Susanna

Hello madam
I want to calculate ambient dose equivalent of whole space (like room), so what should i do?

And what the mean of “ traverses” in your answer? Is it mean pass through or just come into the sphere? Can i use “steppingaction “ to read and save every particles which pass through (or come into)a small box (room binned by mesh),then calculate ambient dose equivalent by H*(10)coefficient?

Usually what I do is to retrieve the ambient dose equivalent in specific points of a room. This is typically done when doing these sort of calculations in facilities/building with radiation sources. When a particle goes into the sphere, its energy is retrieved and then used to calculate the ambient dose equivalent.

cheers
Susanna