Any issue with drawVolume command

Hello fellows,

Actually, I am installed my Geant4 with QT and OPENGL enabled. Now after all the installation I checked the example B1 which is running fine and smooth. But then I try to run the similar exampleB5 but I am getting hang/lack issue when I am executing the program after built. Then, I try to made a simple program which is just a simple G4box and I just try to visualize my box with th “/vis/drawVolume” command. But after using this command, my system got hanged and after 4-5 second program execute and there is not box ot anything, but If i remove this drawVolume command, then everything is working perfectly and smoothly.

Can you please tell me what the issue with my system or program or installation?

Thanks;

Hmm. Something strange about your build. Can you tell us exactly where it hangs/crashes with a debugger? Please attach a copy of the exact output up to the point of crash. Please let us know the Operating System, Geant4 version and Qt version.

It hangs for couple of a second then it opens a blank OGLSX window. I also tried GDB runner but there’s no error and when it tries to open the graphic window it hangs similar like the executable run program.

By the way, I am using UBUNTU 22.04.2 version with kernal: 5.19.0-38-generic, and my geant4 is latest one GEANT4v-11.1.1, and I installed Qt5 version for visulization.

Actually, I also thought that there could be a issue with Qt but then I again built it without Qt and default openGL_X111 =ON. But, I am again getting the same error and hang when I am trying to give this drawVolume command.

I am also wondering that If there is an issue with my buld then how tis exmpleB1 is running so smoothly without any lag?

here is my main and output file:

sim.cc (3.5 KB)

sim.txt (5.2 KB)

I am attaching this scrrenshot of the output as well:

Also, here is my build options if you want to know:

I tried first with Install_Qt=ON but I thought there’s some issue with QT then I again built it with QT=OFF and default OPENGL_X11 = ON

I am attaching my system details for your reference as well. Please take your time:
have a dedicated NVIDIA graphic card and integrated amd card. I am listing details of both by using “lspci | grep VGA” command:

VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU117M [GeForce GTX 1650 Mobile / Max-Q] (rev a1)
VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Renoir (rev c6)

Please suggest me something how did you solve this issue. I will be great help.
I am also sharing my system details:
Geant4: 11.1.1
Processor: AMD® Ryzen 7 4800hs with radeon graphics × 16
Graphics: AMD Renoir and NVIDIA (I also mentioned it above).
Qt version: Qt 5.15.3
[linux version 5.19.0-38-generic]

Hi Anil

You seem to have font issues. Check that X11 is correctly installed.

Also, try /vis/open TSG. I think TSG uses different fonts.

John

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.