Attaching the sensitive detectors (SD) to trapezoid volume

Dear Geant4 users

I am using Geant4.10.05.p01 along with ROOT6.18 and GATEv8.2. I am executing a GATE macro.

In the GATE macro, I am defining a “general trapezoid” volume to the crystal and it works fine when I only look at the geometry. However, when I try to attach the sensitive detector to the crystal, the simulation breaks and fails. Please see below the set-up:

/gate/systems/cylindricalPET/crystal/attach crystal
/gate/crystal/attachCrystalSD

The Break message is attached:attacherror.txt (13.4 KB)

Nevertheless, when I define the geometry to “box”, everything is fine. Does someone have experience with this or is there a bug in the trapezoid volume for attachCrystalSD? I have also tried “wedge” volume and the simulation breaks, too. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t think that GATE-related questions will be answered here…

however, in geant, the only geometries that can be divided into voxels via macros are cylinders (G4Tubs) and boxes (G4Box)… maybe that is also the case for GATE?
https://geant4-userdoc.web.cern.ch/UsersGuides/ForApplicationDeveloper/html/Detector/commandScore.html#defining-a-scoring-mesh

Dear weller

Thank you for your kindly reply. I found the issue that I can’t use “cylindricalPET” since it only can attach “box” volume.