Bremsstrahlung in X-ray lamps

Is there an example of bremsstrahlung that occurs in X-ray lamps in program examples?

Could you please point to a paper to read to understand what you would like to do?

If you intend to model a X-ray tube, I suggest to start to look into the extended example Gamma Therapy. It generates an electron beam of 50 MeV, producing bremsstrahlung in a target. Then you can change the energy of the incident beam and the geometry.

Thank you,

Cheers
Susanna

Hi Susanna,
I intend to model a X-ray tube, but the energy of electron beam is 50 keV. How can I modify the extended example Gamma Therapy. I would appreciate your help.

Best,

Lee

Hi, you may change either the Gamma Therapy example or TestEM5. Probably TestEm5 is better. You need to model the physics with G4EmStandard_option4 , with fluorescence on. When we do simulations in this field, we record the bremstrahlung spectrum emerging from the target and we check that it is consistent with what we expect. Then, we model the detector and we calculate the energy deposition in the detector. For X-ray tubes, it is beneficial to bias the production of photons . Look for example here: https://indico.cern.ch/event/825306/contributions/3561769/attachments/1914361/3164427/sawkey_dirbremsplitting.pdf

1 Like

Thank you so much, Susanna. I will try it.

Hi Susanna,
I modified the extended example TestEM5 and the result is shown below. This looks great.

Grateful!

1 Like