Cannot install older versions of Geant4 (4.9.6 and 10.0.1)

Hello All,

I’m in the need of older versions of Geant4 (4.9.6 and 10.0.1) due to packages compatibility that I’ve used in the past. The problem is that I always get errors during the “make” process in Ubuntu 18.04. I can install the most recent versions of Geant4 without any errors, but not the old versions.

My guess is an incompatibility between the old versions of Geant4 and my version of cmake? Here are the errors I’m getting:

[ 95%] Building CXX object source/physics_lists/CMakeFiles/G4physicslists.dir/lists/src/HadronPhysicsShielding.cc.o
[ 95%] Building CXX object source/physics_lists/CMakeFiles/G4physicslists.dir/lists/src/MaxTimeCuts.cc.o
[ 95%] Building CXX object source/physics_lists/CMakeFiles/G4physicslists.dir/lists/src/MinEkineCuts.cc.o
[ 95%] Building CXX object source/physics_lists/CMakeFiles/G4physicslists.dir/lists/src/QBBC.cc.o
[ 95%] Building CXX object source/physics_lists/CMakeFiles/G4physicslists.dir/lists/src/SpecialCuts.cc.o
[ 95%] Building CXX object source/physics_lists/CMakeFiles/G4physicslists.dir/lists/src/G4PhysListUtil.cc.o
[ 95%] Linking CXX shared library …/…/outputs/library/Linux-g++/libG4physicslists.so
[ 95%] Built target G4physicslists
Makefile:151: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

Another alternative would be to use the old versions with an older version of Ubuntu (16.04), but then I’ll have incompatibilities with other SW as well.

Is there a way to make it work the older versions of Geant4 in Ubuntu 18.04?

Thanks in advance for the help.

/Leonardo.