Changing mesh dimensions has no effect?

Hi,
I want to change certain parameters in my geometry, and change a scoring mesh accordingly.
The mesh was created with /score/mesh/cylinderSize 10 1 mm.

/score/open myMesh
/score/mesh/cylinderSize 10 1.5 mm

-------- WWWW ------- G4Exception-START -------- WWWW -------
*** G4Exception : DigiHitsUtilsScoreVScoringMesh000
      issued by : G4VScoringMesh::SetSize()
   The size of scoring mesh is updated.
*** This is just a warning message. ***
-------- WWWW -------- G4Exception-END --------- WWWW -------

/score/close

besides this warning, the dose profile along the z-dimension of that cylinder (the one I change) does not follow the rescaling of that axis… is that expected?

Instead, the two curves are perfectly overlapping for the “rescaled” depth axis:
grafik

How can I make the size update known to my simulation?

edit: it becomes more obvious when changing the dimension of the part that should be analyzed: a cylinder of same dimensions/orientation as the scoring mesh:

grafik

mesh size cannot be changed afterwards (why?).

however, the warning message policy is a little ambiguous: in file https://github.com/Geant4/geant4/blob/geant4-10.7-release/source/digits_hits/utils/src/G4VScoringMesh.cc:

// ---------------------------------------------------------------------
// Modifications                                                        
// 17-Apr-2012 T.Aso SetSize() and SetNumberOfSegments() is not allowed 
//                   to call twice in same geometrical mesh. Add warning
//                   message to notify.                                 
//                                                                      
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------

forbidden calls to these two have error/warning messages:
G4VScoringMesh::SetSize: “The size of scoring mesh is updated.”
G4VScoringMesh::SetNumberOfSegments: “The size of scoring segments can not be changed.”

For version 11.0-beta, the warning for SetSize was removed (but not the comment in the header)…

update: just made a check with 11.0-beta, only the warning is indeed removed, but the mesh size effectively stays the same after issuing the commands as posted above. :frowning:
the visualization (/score/drawProjection) however is updated properly.
@taso

grafik

Hello.
Sorry for the ambiguous warning messages. Scoring mesh is not supposed to accept size changes so I will update the warning messages.
It is wired visualization accepts the change, and it should not. I will check it as well.
If you want to change the mesh size or mesh binning, please quit a program and restart it with new size or binning.