Compiling geant4 simulation on lxplus

Dear experts, I am trying to run one geant4 simulation on Lxplus but the CMake doesn’t work, it says me //
Failed to find XercesC (missing: XercesC_LIBRARY XercesC_INCLUDE_DIR
XercesC_VERSION) (Required is at least version “3.2.3”)
//
But I do it (XercesC_INCLUDE_DIR=/cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/releases/XercesC/3.2.3-714f6/x86_64-centos7-gcc9-opt/include/xercesc) … or maybe it is bad done …
I am going to attach the screenshot … I am doing something bad …

If you know something about this, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

What LCG packages/views did you setup (via setup.sh scripts or similar) before running cmake? These should generally setup all dependencies, but one might have got lost.

Thanks a lot for answering, I think I haven’t called any of them. This is my setup

Thanks for the detail! If you only need this setup for Geant4 or a common software stack, it might be better to use one of the LCG views, which do setup everything, for example:

$ source /cvmfs/sft.cern.ch/lcg/views/LCG_100/x86_64-centos7-gcc10-dbg/setup.sh

It should then be possible to run cmake for your application without the need to pass any Geant4/etc variables. Depending on the exact platform, compiler and Geant4 version you require, you can adjust the above LCG_XXX/<arch>-<platform>-<compiler>-<spec>/ to meet these. A full list is available on the LCG Info site (CERN login required).

Dear Morgan, thanks for your help.
I solved this problem but I have a new one :frowning: after running the setup.sh and building the executable when I am going to run it there is a message
//
./Gem: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./Gem) ./Gem: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version CXXABI_1.3.9’ not found (required by ./Gem)
//

I have attached the setup.sh file.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

You’ll also need to source the same setup scripts before running the application. The application is linked against libraries (here, the GNU C++ library) that are in non-standard locations. The scripts setup the needed environment to do this pointing, and it needs to be the same both when building and running the appilication.

1 Like

Thanks!!! now it is running! :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.