Control the initial and ending regions of particle emission

Please fill out the following information to help in answering your question, and also see tips for posting code snippets. If you don’t provide this information it will take more time to help with your problem!

_Geant4 Version:_11.1.1
Operating System:
Compiler/Version:
CMake Version:

—I used a small detector to simulate the process of particle collection in an open sky. The particle emission angle is random, but only a very small portion of the emitted particles reach the detector, which is a waste of time. Therefore, I wanted to control the termination area of particle emission or find a way to limit the particles from reaching a certain area during transmission, but I have not found a solution.

Are you using G4GeneralParticleSource in your PrimaryGeneratorAction? That has options to control emission directions and similar.

I don’t want to control the emission angle of each particle, but I hope that all particles can be emitted to the same area, and the particle angle can be random after being emitted to that area.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.