Density as a (x,y,z) map

Hi,
Is it possible to load material density as a spatial map, and use the E&M field map techniques for value interpolation between the map grid points?

Thanks,
Dragos

1 Like

Dear Dragos

I am not sure. What I usually do to have different densities in the voxels of a volume is to define a Parameterised volume and associate the density to each voxel.

cheers
Susanna

Hi Susanna,
I was thinking at the same solution like the one that you’ve proposed, i.e. something along the lines of the DICOM example, but in my case I have a continuous distribution and I would like to stay as close as possible to the density map.

Maybe this is a feature we can include on the wish list? What do you think?

Thanks,
Dragos

P.S. For now, I will probably voxelize really fine the volume of interest and I’ll perform some smoothing in post-processing.

1 Like

Hi Drago,

at the end you need to “discretize” the density as the density is associated to discrete volumes. For now maybe use small volumes and change the density slightly from one voxel to the next one? Look also at the ICRP110Phantom advanced example, which is a “simplified” DICOM interface.

No idea on how to do model a density that changes with continuity (again because we associate a density to a volume), but maybe, as you say, this is an item to include in the wish list in the User Requirements section.

Cheers
Susanna

1 Like