Difficulty in installs package

Please fill out the following information to help in answering your question, and also see tips for posting code snippets

Geant4 Version: 11.1.1
Operating System: Linux (Ubuntu base )
Compiler/Version:

Please i really need help on the installation of geant4. I’m at the final process of installation but showing me error.

The install path /user/Home/software/.... looks odd, is this where you intend to install? If so, check that you have the necessary write permissions in /user/Home.

For future posts, please see tips for posting code snippets as screenshots make it difficult to assist/help.

I will be glad if you put me through on how to check the permission. I’m still a beginner trying to use it for my research

A basic guide to file permissions can be found here: https://www.redhat.com/sysadmin/linux-file-permissions-explained (if you’re a beginner at Linux/Unix as well, a guide on the Terminal is here: The Unix Shell, and many others can be found online).

However, I’d expect this not to be an issue for a basic install of Geant4. Why do you want to use the directory /user/Home/software/geant4/installgeant4 as the location for the install? If you run:

ls -ld $HOME

what gets printed? Your home directory should always be writable to, and is usually /home/YOURUSERNAME on an Ubuntu system.

I will try and work on it sir thanks for your time sir

thank you so much sir. it really work i do appreciate your support

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.