Example b1: error

Please fill out the following information to help in answering your question, and also see tips for posting code snippets

_Geant4 Version:11.1.1
_Operating System: Kali linux Debian
Compiler/Version:

Hello guys… I recently installed Geant4… everything runs accordingly upto the point i source the geant4.sh file from my bin. I have tried out example B1 but i keep gettig this error

/exampleB1: error while loading shared libraries: libG4Tree.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I later sourced the geat4.sh file again but this time got this error:

Some /vis commands (optionally) take a string to specify colour.
“/vis/list” to see available colours.
ERROR: Can not open a macro file <init_vis.mac>. Set macro path with “/control/macroPath” if needed.

-------- WWWW ------- G4Exception-START -------- WWWW -------
*** G4Exception : UIMAN0123
issued by : G4UImanager::ApplyCommand
Command aborted (400)
Error code : 400
*** This is just a warning message. ***
-------- WWWW -------- G4Exception-END --------- WWWW -------

1 Like

As it ran successfully the second time, it’s almost certain there was something wrong/overriden in the first attempt. You can check that the directory containin the Geant4 libraries appears in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable after the geant4.sh script has been sourced.

Which directory did you try running exampleB1 from? It expects the current working directory to contain the needed macros like init_vis.mac.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.