Example1 - Visualization Problem

Good morning,

I’m a new GEANT4 user. I have already installed the geant4-10-05-patch-01 version on a centOS and I just tried to run the examples/basic. However, I have a visualization problem on the example B1. I attached below the error messages:

[lscavarda@photoscan build_test]$ ./exampleB1
Available UI session types: [ Qt, GAG, tcsh, csh ]
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-lscavarda'
Vertex shader for simpleShaderProg (MainVertexShader & PositionOnlyVertexShader) failed to compile
Fragment shader for simpleShaderProg (MainFragmentShader & ShockingPinkSrcFragmentShader) failed to compile
QGLShaderProgram: shader programs are not supported
Errors linking simple shader:
Vertex shader for blitShaderProg (MainWithTexCoordsVertexShader & UntransformedPositionVertexShader) failed to compile
Fragment shader for blitShaderProg (MainFragmentShader & ImageSrcFragmentShader) failed to compile
QGLShaderProgram: shader programs are not supported
Errors linking blit shader:
Warning: "" failed to compile!
The X11 connection broke: I/O error (code 1)
XIO:  fatal IO error 2 (No such file or directory) on X server "localhost:12.0"
      after 1022 requests (1022 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

I don’t have this problem with the B2 examples.
Then I tried to make a my own simulation and it worked well until I put in the vis.mac these lines:

/vis/scene/add/axes
/vis/scene/add/scale 10 cm

Then I checked in the vis.mac files of the two previous examples and I released that the

/vis/scene/add/axes

was in the B1/vis.mac file but not in B2/B2*/vis.mac files.
Someone can help me to spot out the problem? Could be something releated with installation procedure or with the GEANT4 version?

Thanks a lot in advance,
Cheers,
Lorenzo

Hi

Firstly these are just warnings - I assume the image was OK?

It does look, from your trials, that axes give this problem. I have not seen that before.

What version of Qt are you using? I suggest updating to Qt 5.15.2, that latest we have tested. You may have to rebuild Geant4. Note, with Qt5 you have to set CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH, as mentioned in the Installation Guide.

I notice you are using quite an old version of Geant4 - 10.5 was released in 2018, I think. It might also help to upgrade to a later version, or even the latest 11.0.

John

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.