G4eLowEnergyLoss class replacement

Hello,
I am using Geant4 version 10.7.p01 on Windows 10.

I have a Geant4 program that seems to have some problems with visualization when I introduce an electric field. I am not sure what is causing this, but I note that the program uses a class which inherits from G4eLowEnergyLoss which is no longer available in Geant4 releases - so I guess this could cause problems elsewhere. Hence I would like to replace it, so that I can keep everything within the currently supported Geant4 classes. Does anyone know which class I should now inherit from ?

I note that the advanced example eRosita still uses the G4eLowEnergyLoss, so perhaps it is OK to keep using the class ?

Many thanks
Chris

Hello,

try to look in different examples.

VI

Hello,
Thankyou for the reply.

I have looked in various examples. In my Geant4 program (which I have inherited) I have several process classes that inherit from G4VContinuousDiscreteProcess. I note that my code does not include any Model class such as those used in the DNA and microelectronic projects and I guess I need to convert my program to have the Model/Process structure as used in those projects. However, I note that all the process classes from these projects inherit from G4VEmProcess which in turn inherits from G4VDiscreteProcess. My program makes use of the AlongStepDoIt() function which is not available in G4VDiscreteProcess. I guess I could use the existing AlongStepDoIt() function, or create a another class similar to G4VEmProcess that inherits from G4VContinuousDiscreteProcess. However, I´m not sure if either of these approaches will work. I will continue to investigate to see if there is another approach I should take.
Thanks
Chris