Gate inatall error

When I am install Gate, I met some error. I have no idea to solve it.

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:134 (MESSAGE):
  ROOT has been compiled with cxx_std_14, please use cxx_std_17 as your
  Geant4.

Can you help me?

I’d suggest posting on the GATE forums/lists as this looks like an error message from their build scripts.

It looks like it’s checking that the ROOT and Geant4 installs have been compiled with different C++ standards. Given that ROOT used C++14, that generally determines the standard to use for all other packages. Check that your Geant4 install was compiled with C++14 or newer, and if needed, recompile and reinstall. I’m not sure why C++17 is being recommended for Geant4, but if that’s what GATE requires you should compile/install Geant4 with C++17.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. I have solved the problem. There’s no need to compile/install Geant4 with C++17. But, before the compilation of root, we need to activate the following flag during the cmake step: -DCMAKE_CXX_STANDARD = 17. I want to thank you again for your reply.

1 Like

Hello, I have this problem too. What are the specific commands you entered? Such as "cmake -DCMAKE_CXX_STANDARD = 17"Looking forward to receiving your reply, thank you very much.

Yes, we need to activate the following flag during the cmake step: -DCMAKE_CXX_STANDARD = 17 during the installation of root. I’m really sorry that I can’t remember the specific installation process since it has been a long time since the installation was completed.

Thank you for your reply. According to your suggestion,I have solved the problem.