Gaussian Energy Broadening Function

Hi everyone,
I’m a newbie. I want to simulate detector response with Gauss peaks. I saw that we can use the Gaussian Energy Broadening Function with 3 parameters like the MCNP. So, how can I do that? Hope you give me a piece of advice useful. Thanks in advance.

Welcome!

I am not sure if you can do that in the 3-parameter way directly with G4. Though I would be interested in knowing how to accomplish that if any experts share.

Anyway, I implement the broadening in my post analysis script. Basically, for any event I sum up all the deposited energy in each step in the detector volume of interest. Thereafter I use random generator to generate a Gaussian-sampled value using the deposited energy and sigma. The sigma is obtained using the resolution function of the detector whereby FWHM~2.35*sigma. I believe sigma can be obtained using the 3-parameter equation you mentioned. That’s it, I then fill my root histogram for this randomly generated value and move to next event.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion. I understand your idea but I still don’t know how to do it. Can you show me your code?