GDML Validation error with predefined Geant4 NIST database materials

I am currently getting a validation error for referencing the predefined Geant4 NIST database materials within GDML, and I am not sure why I am getting this. Here is what I am getting when running my geometry file in the G04 example:

G4GDML: VALIDATION ERROR! ID attribute ‘G4_A-150_TISSUE’ is referenced but was never declared at line: 151
G4GDML: VALIDATION ERROR! ID attribute ‘G4_Ge’ is referenced but was never declared at line: 151
G4GDML: VALIDATION ERROR! ID attribute ‘G4_AIR’ is referenced but was never declared at line: 151
G4GDML: VALIDATION ERROR! ID attribute ‘G4_B’ is referenced but was never declared at line: 151

Here is a screenshot of how the material is defined. This was generated using the GDML workbench in FreeCAD:

There is nothing defined within the materials section, which is called for in the GDML User’s Guide (Version 2.9), and it is only referenced when constructing the logical volume. I am currently using Geant4 version 11.1.0.

Your construction is perfectly valid. When defining materials in GDML loaded through the NIST data-base in Geant4 there can be schema validation errors reported, as the schema expects a declaration of the tag name used for the material… Materials will be however loaded correctly by Geant4 and you can ignore those warnings.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.