How to include QGSP_INCLXX_HP in application

Hello experts,

I am writing an application using as reference the Advance Radioprotection Geant4 example. I am trying to add new physics to the ones already defined in its PhysicsList.cc (examples/advanced/radioprotection/src/PhysicsList.cc · master · geant4 / geant4 · GitLab).

I have been able to add the QGSP_INCLXX (G4HadronPhysicsINCLXX) but I would like to update it to the QGSP_INCLXX_HP physics, the problem is that I cannot find the properly way of introducing it to this example. I’d appreciate any advice.

Thank you in advance.

Note: I am using the following configuration:

• G4HadronElasticPhysicsHP.
  • G4EmStandardPhysics.
  • G4DecayPhysics.
  • G4HadronPhysicsINCLXX.
  • G4IonINCLXXPhysics.
1 Like

Hi, you can activate directly the preferred complete physics list in the main.
Cheers
Susanna

Hi, thank you for your prompt reply and suggestion

It worked nicely and I was able to load the default configurarion for QGSP_INCLXX_HP. I was wondering where I could see the EM physics, Ion physics… (that I was able to manage within PhysicsList.cc to build any configuration) for this precompiled physics when calling from the main.

Thank you.

1 Like

I suggest to look directly in the code, in $PATH_TO_GEANT4/source/physics_lists/lists. EMPhysicsConstructor , some parameters like the cut can be changed via UI commands. Please refer to the doc. What I usually do (it is just my method) is to copy the physics list in my application and change it as I like it.

cheers
Susanna

Thank you for the suggestion and your help, it was very helpful.

Cheers.