HPGe-detector response problem with Bi-207 radioactive decay

Hi,

Good day all! I model the response of a HPGe-detector to radionuclide radiation. I have modified example rdecay02 in part of geometry and turn on CorrelatedGamma in BiasedRDPhisics: “deex->SetCorrelatedGamma(true);”, file PhisicsList stay unmodified. I have got a good match with the experimental data for Co-60 and Ba-133. But for the Bi-207 the result is bad. For some reason there is no contribution of 1063 keV - line in the modeled spectrum. There is no full absorption peak, Compton scattering, peaks of single and double escape, peak for 1063 keV + 569 keV = 1633 keV (the most strong and intensive cascade) and etc. Is there some error in modeling from my side or from Geant4 side either? Counting on your help.

P.S.“Pomogite pozhalujsta!”

DetectorConstruction.cc (23.4 KB)

1 Like

Hello,

I tried to perform a simulation of Bi207 of an HPGe detector and I can confirm that the Geant4 behavior is right. The obtained spectrum is as expected:

I think you have some problems with your code.
In addition to not having the 1063 keV gamma line, I see in your simulated spectrum (blue) a lot of lines that should not be present.

I suggest you:

1. Check your setup (maybe you can post an image of your geometry)
  2. Check how the deposited energy is collected.
  3. How did you set the primary particle?
  4. You can use /tracking/verbose 2 in order to check what is happening in your simulation (what particles are generated and tracked)

Andrea

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer, Andrea.
I use extended example Geant4 “RDecay02”. I checked how the deposited energy collected and I finded the deposited energy are collected within a limited period of time from the beginning of the event. I deleted this part of code.
Bi207 Spectra