I want to use the dataset:G4TENDL,but it give error messeage

I add export G4PARTICLEHPDATA=/home/dxy/geant4/geant4-v11.1.1-install/share/Geant4/data/G4TENDL.1.4 to geant4.sh . but after that, it crashed and give error message:
In case the data sets are at present not available in the neutron data library, please contact Hadron Group Coordinator

Did you look in that directory
ls /home/dxy/geant4/geant4-v11.1.1-install/share/Geant4/data/
to see whether the dataset is actually installed there?

If it is not, then you should download it from the Geant4 Downloads area. Strangely, the useful instructions for how to do that have been removed from the Geant4 Website (not in Downloads, and not in the Installation Guide):

1. Go to your data directory
    cd /home/dxy/geant4/geant4-v11.1.1-install/share/Geant4/data/
  2. Download the TENDL tarball from the Geant4 Web area
    wget https://cern.ch/geant4-data/datasets/G4TENDL.1.4.tar.gz
  3. Unpack the tarball
    tar -zxf G4TENDL.1.4.tar.gz

I like to delete the .gz file once that is successful, to reduce clutter.

Thanks for your helping. I did what you said,but when I start a run, it still crash and give error messege :
terminate called after throwing an instance of ‘G4HadronicException’
what(): In /home/dxy/geant4/geant4-v11.1.1/source/processes/hadronic/models/particle_hp/src/G4ParticleHPNames.cc, line 269:
===> In case the data sets are at present not available in the neutron data library, please contact Hadron Group Coordinator

Hi,
The exception at line 269 of G4ParticleHPNames.cc will be thrown if the HP parameter SkipMissingIsotopes is false. (This is, I think, the default and could also be set by the user somewhere in their code.) The block from line 262-266 shows the likely problem(s):

G4cout << "G4ParticleHPNames: There are no data available for some isotopes in this material " << G4endl;
	       G4cout << "G4ParticleHPNames: nor are there data for nearby isotopes." << G4endl;
	       G4cout << "G4ParticleHPNames: Please make sure G4NEUTRONHPDATA points to the directory " << G4endl;
	       G4cout << "G4ParticleHPNames: in which the neutron scattering data are located." << G4endl;
	       G4cout << "G4ParticleHPNames: The material was A = " << A << ", Z = " << Z << G4endl;

So 1) it cannot find an isotope for a material you have specified, and 2) there are not near enough isotopes to make an educated (?) guess about the data for that isotope, or 3) G4NEUTRONHPDATA parameter has not been set in geant4.sh or elsewhere to point at the correct data directory.

Thank you all very much, I have solved it.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.