Is there some physical list about heavy ion therapy simulation

I tried to simulate the incident of a 200MeV proton into water ,geting the energy spectrum of γ .

obtained from different physical classes, it is different result.

The model is very simple, with a beam of 200MeV protons incident on a cylinder with a radius of 10cm and a length of 40cm made of water, surrounded by a layer of detectors to capture and record the energy of all gamma rays emitted from the cylinder.

How to think the different physical list, and what the difference about these physical list.

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Hi,

I suggest to try aso QGSP_BIC_AllHP. I would also suggest to compare against experimental measurements and use the physics list that better describe the data.

1 Like

Thank you very much. I will try this and compare the results[quote=“guatelli, post:2, topic:11129, full:true”]
Hi,

I suggest to try aso QGSP_BIC_AllHP. I would also suggest to compare against experimental measurements and use the physics list that better describe the data.
[/quote]

[quote=“guatelli, post:2, topic:11129, full:true”]
Hi,

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.