My install directory is different than CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/bin

I used this link (Building and Installing from Source — Geant4 Installation Guide 11.1 documentation ) until the step make install in order to build and install GEANT4 on my MasOS. everything seemed to have gone smoothly. This was my build command:

cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/Users/tokyo/Documents/GEANT4/geant4-v11.1.0-install cmake -DGEANT4_INSTALL_DATA=ON GEANT4_BUILD_MULTITHREADED=ON GEANT4_INSTALL_DATADIR=ON GEANT4_USE_GDML=ON GEANT4_USE_INVENTOR= ON GEANT4_USE_INVENTOR_QT=ON GEANT4_USE_OPENGL_WIN32=On GEANT4_USE_OPENGL_X11=ON /Users/tokyo/Documents/GEANT4/geant4-v11.1.0

Now when I was setting the environment, I need to run the command
source geant4.sh. according to the link on GEANT4 website I need to find a folder as “CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/bin” but my geant4.sh and geant.csh files are in a different directory which was generated upon installing. The path to that directory is geant4-v11.1.0-install/bin

I run the command “source geant4.sh” through terminal which I was in this (geant4-v11.1.0-install/bin)

Just wanted to confirm if it is alright? Is this happening due to updates in GEANT4? My older laptop which has GEANT4 in it, didn’t have this folder geant4-v11.1.0-install/bin. So just double checking.

Thanks for your time.

CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is /Users/tokyo/Documents/GEANT4/geant4-v11.1.0-install. The documentation uses “CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX/bin” to mean “the bin subdirectory under whatever you set as CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX”.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.