Neutrons from neutronInelastic are generated directly by other neutrons?

Dear all,

I’m carrying out simulations with the following physicsList:

RegisterPhysics( new G4EmStandardPhysics(verb) );

// Synchroton Radiation & Gamma Nuclear Physics
  RegisterPhysics( new G4EmExtraPhysics(verb) );

// Decays
  RegisterPhysics( new G4DecayPhysics(verb) );

// Hadron Elastic scattering
  RegisterPhysics( new G4HadronElasticPhysicsHP(verb) );

// Hadron Physics
  //RegisterPhysics( new G4HadronPhysicsQGSP_BERT_HP(verb));
  RegisterPhysics( new G4HadronPhysicsQGSP_BIC_HP(verb));

// Stopping Physics
  RegisterPhysics( new G4StoppingPhysics(verb) );

// Ion Physics
  RegisterPhysics( new G4IonPhysics(verb));

// Radioactive decay
  RegisterPhysics( new G4RadioactiveDecayPhysics(verb) );

I’m performing analysis of neutrons generated by spallation. I have the following question: neutrons generated by neutronInelastic are generated directly by other neutrons? Or neutronInelastic of a neutron can result in the production of various particles, which subsequently decay or interact further, producing secondary neutrons ? And the production of these secondary neutrons from other particles (not neutrons) are considered as neutrons generated by neutronInelastic?

Thanks in advance for your time!

I checked the parent particle and, for all neutrons generated by neutronInelastic, the parent particle is neutron. But I still think that, even though flagged as a parent particle, I cannot directly associate the inelasticNeutron production from neutrons. Here below a graph regarding the reactions which generate neutrons:

As you can see, 15 % of neutrons are generated by protonInelastic, i.e. spallation. How is possible that more than 75 % are generated by inelastic scattering of other neutrons? maybe neutronInelastic take into account nuclear reactions (associated to spallation) not considered by neutron transport?