Precise model of ~10 MeV electron in pure-water

I am using geant4.10.3p2 and EMLivermore list for the electron.
When I generated a few MeV electrons in pure water.
As a result, the amount of Cherenkov light, is not consistent with the real data.
Also, the inconsistency has energy dependence of electrons.

In my understanding, Cherenkov radiation theory is concreted, so I think the cause of this inconsistency is dE/dx or the transportation of the electron…
Under assuming the other component (geometry, detector and so on) completely reproduce real situation, what list (model) is “best” for the ~ 10 MeV energy range in Geant4.10.3?

The most accurate physics list is G4EmStandardPhysics_opt4, also known as “EMZ”.

Are you able to reproduce this behavior with the example extended/optical/OpNovice2?

If you are still finding a difference could you please post what you see, and what you expect.

Hello,

electron dEdx is a part of practically all simulations with Geant4. If it is wrong then everything wrong in Geant4 simulation. We may discuss only % of accuracy for a particular setup.

Cerenkov is also validated (not on the same level as dEdx) but there is also signal formation - how you transform Cerenkov photons into measurement in your experimental setup?

VI

@dsawkey Thank you very much for your reply!

Are you able to reproduce this behavior with the example extended/optical/OpNovice2

I can reproduce, and I will try to use G4EmStandardPhysics_opt4.

@civanch

electron dEdx is a part of practically all simulations with Geant4. If it is wrong then everything wrong in Geant4 simulation. We may discuss only % of accuracy for a particular setup.

Yes, the difference that I saw is only a few percent levels.

Cerenkov is also validated (not on the same level as dEdx) but there is also signal formation - how you transform Cerenkov photons into measurement in your experimental setup?

I checked in full-detector simulation and saw the amount of light.

I found the difference comes from the Ionization model.
What model is the best for eIonization about ~10 MeV in pure water?
(G4LivermoreIonisationModel, G4PenelopeIonisationModel, or G4MollerBhabhaModel)

@civanch
I found the difference comes from the Ionization model.
What model is the best for eIonization about ~10 MeV in pure water?
(G4LivermoreIonisationModel, G4PenelopeIonisationModel, or G4MollerBhabhaModel)