Simulate PMT for scintillator detector

Hello every body!
Im trying to simulate a scintillator detector and need to simulate PMT; but I dont know how. Can you help me? OR show me (or send me) a simulated PMT (in very simple way) except the Geant4/source/example/optical/LXe, because that was very difficult for me.
Thanks every one.

Hi, Do you have some ideas to solve this questions, thank you very much.
My boss let me simulate LaBr3 and SIPM. :grinning:

What are both of you hoping to learn from this simulation? You can create a sensitive detector “PMT” that will record number of photon hits. But Geant4 is not the tool for simulating photon hits into electric signal in a PMT or SIPM (if it can be done).

For instance, if you wanted to look at how scintillator geometry or reflector properties affects the number of photons that strike the PMT, that can be done.

My supervisor asked me to simulate the LaBr3 detector for γ In response to radiation, I have now established a detector made of LaBr3 material, which collects the energy loss of gamma rays as the collected energy. However, my supervisor believes that this is not accurate enough. He hopes that I can record the photons generated by gamma rays in the LaBr3 detector, and then obtain the voltage signal and energy information based on the number of photons generated and the coefficients of SIPM or PMT. I am not sure which part of Geent4 can currently allow me to achieve, and what materials I need to refer to。

Thank you very much

So you can implement scintillation, but it will simply give produce a number of optical photons proportional to the energy deposited. (I do not know if there is a way to implement energy resolution).

You can than track photon transport to your photon sensor, and even implement a quantum efficiency (probability of photon absorption). Also, you can look at the effect of optical coupling, photon angle, etc.

I do not think Geant4 is the tool to obtain a voltage signal from your number of photons on your sensor.

But once again, what is the goal of the simulation? Simulating scintillation photons and photons collected will just give you results based on the parameters you feed into it. While setting up the simulation can be a useful exercise, you won’t learn anything from it unless you are looking into the effect of some variable

Thank you for your reply. I will confirm some of his ideas with my supervisor and evaluate how the specific simulation of Geent4 should be done