The particle’s interaction

Hey all
The photon interaction is transportation. Others particle’ interaction also is transportation.

What is transportation meaning?
Can you tell me or Where can I find it?
Thanks!
jishun

The Application Developer’s Guide is the main documentation. Where did you get this print out?

Are you printing the G4StepPoint::GetProcessDefinedStep() name? If so, that is the name of the process which limited the step. “Transportation” (G4Transportation) limits the step at volume boundaries. “compt” (G4ComptionScattering) indicates a photon scattering off an electron.

Yes. Asyou say, I used the G4StepPoint::GetProcessDefinedStep() name to get the transportation. if so, How do I get particle interacton. where can I find it.
Can you tell me.
Thanks.

That is the interaction. What you’re seeing is that in your geometry, the photon is passing through a large number of volumes without interacting. Then, at the end of what you included, it does interact via a Compton scatter.

If you use /tracking/verbose 1, instead of your own printout, you can see the information with more detail: it will print out the position and energy at each step, if there was any energy loss, and even the name of the volume.

Thank you for very quick answer.
Best regards,
jishun

Discussion is completed, will close this thread.