I want to ask some questions about chem4.
1. VISUALISATION. The code " ./chem4 -vis " provided the README file to activate the visualization mode is invalid and the error message is as follows
2.The function of PrintAll() and ASCII() is invalid. PrintAll() outputs print message and ASCII() outputs the txt file named “Species.Txt”. But there are not print message written in PrintAll() in final file and “Species.Txt” in build file.
I looked at this problem because of the reference to visualisation:
- It seems the (non-standard) command line parser built into this example requires an argument after the
-vis. It doesn’t seem to matter what you put there, but
-vis OGL seemed to work.
- If you are working with the Qt GUI, it seems you also need
-gui. It then looks for a file
gui.mac - I found it was enough to supply an empty file.
- The geometry seems to consist of an empty world.
- A run produces for me a file
Beyond that they’re some warning messages. And as for the functions, I cannot say. You need a response from the designer of this example - see README.
Thanks for your reply. I’m trying to view my geometry using “-gui”.
1/the -vis mode is not updated. Good idea is to use -gui. but if you want to visualize chemical molecules, good example is chem3.
2/PrintAll() and ASCII() work well but they are not used in the code. This is an optional for another purpose. You can use it by including the these functions at the end of the function ScoreSpecies::EndOfEvent(G4HCofThisEvent*)