Using TENDL for Protons outside of _AllHP lists

Hi there,

I have been unsuccessful in understanding how to invoke TENDL data files for protons and light ions. We currently use QGSP_BERT_HP (as well as some other lists) and as I understand it changing this to QGSP_BIC_AllHP would do the trick, but we need to use BERT currently, which has no AllHP option.

I have read through the forums and documentation and tried to export the PARTICLEHP environment to the TENDL directory but this hasn’t produced any changes in our simulations. I thought that perhaps I would need to manually extend our modular physics list but I’m not sure what I would use to add this physics, if this is the right route to take.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Roden

I found that using the -DGEANT4_INSTALL_DATASETS_TENDL=ON CMake argument has the desired effect on any physics list (i.e. it is included and affects < 200 MeV charged hadrons and light ions), without the need for AllHP.

That said, this also requires the build of our software to have an active internet connection, where for all other data files we’ve included them manually. Directing to the TENDL directory does not work in the same way as with other data files, as I mentioned in the post… What could be the missing step?

Many thanks,
Roden