Visualization with user interface

Could one please explain to me how to start Qt Driver with OpenGL visualization? What I want to get is a picture of the setup with tracks and a panel on the left where I can control volume color and transparency (https://russianblogs.com/images/47/264f13a7637559a01098c47d3174ee2f.png). I had a working example long ago with v10.02, but it does not work anymore. I found a picture of the B5 example run in the way I need, but when I compile with v10.7 and run it I get only an image of the setup. I can change viewing angle and etc via IDLE commands, but it takes too long, and I don’t understand how to control volume color and transparency.

Bests,
Mikhail

may be it would be helpful to someone. The main reason was that the last version of GEANT4 was installed without Qt, so flag “-DGEANT4_USE_QT=ON” was needed. then I got a problem when compiling GEANT4 examples, because it could not locate qt:

" Could not find a package configuration file provided by “Qt5Core” with any
of the following names:

Qt5CoreConfig.cmake
qt5core-config.cmake"

the solution was to add qt path to /geant4.11.00.b01instal/lib/Geant4-11.0.0/Geant4PackageCache.cmake:

“geant4_set_and_check_package_variable(Qt5Core_DIR “/usr/local/Qt-5.5.1/lib/cmake/Qt5Core” PATH “”)
geant4_set_and_check_package_variable(Qt5Gui_DIR “/usr/local/Qt-5.5.1/lib/cmake/Qt5Gui” PATH “”)
geant4_set_and_check_package_variable(Qt5Widgets_DIR “/usr/local/Qt-5.5.1/lib/cmake/Qt5Widgets” PATH “”)
geant4_set_and_check_package_variable(Qt5OpenGL_DIR “/usr/local/Qt-5.5.1/lib/cmake/Qt5OpenGL” PATH “”)
geant4_set_and_check_package_variable(Qt5PrintSupport_DIR “/usr/local/Qt-5.5.1/lib/cmake/Qt5PrintSupport” PATH “”)”

Hi Mikhail

You can use -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/usr/local/Qt-5.5.1. I think that should work.

John

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.