GEANT4 Build Error LNK1181 in windows 10

Iam on windows 10 and using MSVC2022. While building Geant4 V11.1.2 with Qt, error LNK1181 is coming up saying that the file G4process.lib does not exist in the folder \Geant4\geant4build\BuildProducts\Release\lib. (The folder Geant4 contains the folders geant4build, geant4source) This happens with 19 other files too. Anyone have any fix for this?

Thank you
Anantha Padmanabhan

Iam attaching a screenshot of the error iam getting.

Thank you
Anantha

Are the .lib files actually present at this point in \Geant4\geant4build\BuildProducts\Release\lib or anywhere under the build directory? I’m just trying to triage where things are going wrong. What target did you try to build initially?

No, the files are not present at this point or anywhere under the build directory. I tried building ALL_BUILDS in the MSVC. \Geant4\ has 3 subfolders geant4install, geant4build, geant4source each of the fiolder does what their name tells. There is also an error C2039 that arises before the LNK1181 ERROR as shown in the screen shot that i shared as a reply to my previous response.

Thank you
Anantha

The problem got fixed by using MSVC 2019. It was a problem with the MSVC 2022. Reported it to Microsoft.

Thank you
Anantha

Thanks for the update! Please let us know if there’s any feedback from Microsoft on the issue as it would be helpful in case we need to introduce any checks/workarounds.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.