Default starting files necessary for building example B1 are misnamed or nonexistent

[Note: All @ symbols below this line are replaced with (at) to avoid the two user mention cap for new users, when I am not even intentionally mentioning any users.]

Geant4 version: 10.6

operating system and version: windows 10

compiler vendor and version: windows visual studio 2019

I am trying to build and run example B1 by following the installation guide instructions. When I used the command > cmake --build . --config Release | to build the B1 executable file this error occurred as apart of the output:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file ‘%HOMEPATH%\Geant

4\geant4_10_03_p03-build\BuildProducts\Release\lib\G4Tree.lib’ [%HOMEPATH%\Geant4\B1-build\exampleB1.vcxproj]

I looked in the sub directory %HOMEPATH%\Geant4\geant4_10_03_p03-build\BuildProducts\Release\lib I found a file that had a similar name to G4Tree.lib it was _G4Tree-archive.lib . I changed the _G4Tree-archive.lib filename to G4Tree.lib then ran the > cmake --build . --config Release | command again. An almost identical error came up with a different file name. Instead of G4Tree.lib it was G4GMocren.lib . This error was solved in the same way as the previous error. The cycle of using the command > cmake --build . --config Release | , the cannot open input file error coming up, and then changing the appropriate filename was done five times. On the fifth time however, the error had a filename called G4vis_management.lib . This time the archive file wasn’t present in the sub directory %HOMEPATH%\Geant4\geant4_10_03_p03-build\BuildProducts\Release\lib . The filename that most resembled G4vis_management.lib was _G4visXXX-archive.lib . When the > cmake --build . --config Release | command was used again after changing the _G4visXXX-archive.lib to G4vis_management.lib there were about 100 errors that came up on the command prompt. For the sake of brevity I will only put the first five below. If someone needs to see all of the errors to help fix my problem I can make an edit to this post or post it as a reply to this question.

The five errors:

G4visHepRep.lib(G4HepRepFileViewer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external sy

mbol "public: __cdecl G4VViewer::G4VViewer(class G4VSceneHandler &,int,class G4

String const &)" (??0G4VViewer(at)(at)QEAA(at)AEAVG4VSceneHandler(at)(at)HAEBVG4String(at)(at)(at)Z) [

%HOMEPATH%\Geant4\B1-build\exampleB1.vcxproj]

G4RayTracer.lib(G4RayTracerViewer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external sym

bol “public: virtual __cdecl G4VViewer::~G4VViewer(void)” (??1G4VViewer(at)(at)UEAA(at)X

Z) [%HOMEPATH%\Geant4\B1-build\exampleB1.vcxproj]

G4VRML.lib(G4VRML1FileViewer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "

public: virtual __cdecl G4VViewer::~G4VViewer(void)" (??1G4VViewer(at)(at)UEAA(at)XZ) [

G4VRML.lib(G4VRML2FileViewer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "

public: virtual __cdecl G4VViewer::~G4VViewer(void)" (??1G4VViewer(at)(at)UEAA(at)XZ) [

:%HOMEPATH%\Geant4\B1-build\exampleB1.vcxproj]

G4FR.lib(G4DAWNFILEViewer.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "pub

lic: virtual __cdecl G4VViewer::~G4VViewer(void)" (??1G4VViewer(at)(at)UEAA(at)XZ) [

I found two relevent files one is named _G4vis_management-archive.lastbuildstate and the other is called unsuccessfulbuild in the sub-directory %HOMEPATH%\Geant4\geant4_10_03_p03-build\source\visualization\management_G4vis_management-archive.dir\Release_G4vis_m.9D8C33EA.tlog . So it might be the case that the file I need never got built properly. I don’t understand why the files are called archive or not built at all when I tried to follow the installation guide as closely as possible. I do not know how to make more progress towards building and running example B1. Is there a way to fix the files so that I can build and run example B1? Do I have to uninstall and reinstall Geant4? and if so how do I do that?

If someone needs to know what commands I used that led me to this point this question is actually a follow up to my previous question: 'cannot open file' error occurs when attempting to build example B1

G4Tree.lib G4GMocren.lib G4visHepRep.lib G4RayTracer.lib were some of the files that were mentioned in the cannot open input file error prompts. This is somewhat related information to the linked post I mention below. In the time between the date of this reply and the date of the post above, I have posted a total of three topics relating to running exampleB1(the above post is the second). The problems I have in this post have been resolved by uninstalling geant4 then reinstalling geant4, however new problems emerged that I don’t know how to fix which are mentioned in much more detail here (the third post)